Children with Disabilities
The Children with Disabilities Team works with children (between the ages of 0 and 18 years of age) who have complex or significant disabilities. The aims of the team are to:-
- Support children and young people with disabilities and their parents or carers to maintain family life in their home community.
- Provide support to help maximise life opportunities and participation of children and young people with disabilities.
- Provide support to help children and young people with disabilities maximise their full potential.
- Safeguard children and young people with disabilities.
- Ensure the views, feelings and aspirations of children and young people are central so they have maximum choice in planning their own future.
- Support children and young people with disabilities to develop as much age-appropriate independence as possible.
- Support early planning, goal setting and transitions for increasing independence and moving to adult hood
Dewis Cymru is the place to go if you want information or advice about your well-being – or want to know how you can help somebody else.
All Wales Forum of Parents & Carers of People with Learning Disabilities (AWF)
Life in Lockdown for Learning Disability Families in Wales