Children and Young People
Milford Haven Disability and Sensory Library
The Milford Haven Disability and Sensory Library, has been set up in partnership with Milford Haven Neighbourhood Policing Team (MHNPT) and Pembrokeshire Libraries. MHNPT used grant money to buy specialist toys and equipment for the benefit of local children with additional needs. Items can be borrowed from Milford Haven Library and Information Centre. The toys are not on public display due to a lack of space in the library.
The Library is open to any family or professional living or based in Milford Haven, who cares for children or adults with special or additional support needs. Residents from other areas of Pembrokeshire are welcome to join as long as they are able to visit Milford Haven Library and Information Centre to collect and return the item.
- Signatories must be 18 or over and be a member of Pembrokeshire Libraries.
- To join the library you must provide ID which shows your name and address, plus proof of disability.
- Parents or carers can borrow up to 2 items for 3 weeks.
- Schools, care settings and professionals can borrow up to 5 items for 3 weeks.
- Items are loaned free of charge, but a refundable cash deposit will be required for certain items.
- Additional terms and conditions are listed in the catalogue.
Before your visit please phone (01437 771888) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange collection of the item.