Cabinet programme for administration 2022 2027
We will be innovative in dealing with the housing challenges we face by ensuring the people of Pembrokeshire have access to a suitable home which is of a high standard, affordable and improves their quality of life.
- Directly develop up to 300 new build housing units by 2027 together with progressing with the development of our older people’s sheltered housing and supported living provision.
- Accelerate housing delivery as well as work with partners to increase the range of affordable housing projects including the development of Community Land Trusts (CLTs) and making available smaller plots of Council land for those seeking self-build opportunities. This will help grow Pembrokeshire's housing supply.
- Work to ensure homelessness is prevented, brief, rare and unrepeated.
- Work with and support landlords in the private rented sector in the face of falling supply.
- Be responsive to the scale and pace of change in the space of private rental regulation and second homes / holiday let legislation while not losing sight of our goal to ensure Pembrokeshire remains a great place to live and visit.
- Work with colleagues in Regeneration to make our town centres great places to live once again through tackling the scourge of long-term empty properties.
- Provide a high quality landlord service which listens and responds to the needs of our tenants.
- Identify opportunities for the regeneration of our existing estates while also growing our housing stock and improving the environment.
- Work towards decarbonising our own housing stock as well as support private householders to improve the energy efficiency of their homes.
ID: 9739, revised 09/03/2023Print