Cabinet programme for administration 2022 2027
We will make Pembrokeshire a great place to learn, live and grow.
- Enable every learner, regardless of their background, to become the best they can be.
- Deliver universal free school meals to all primary learners by September 2023.
- Create a nurturing environment and inspire every learner to be ambitious, capable, confident, responsible and resilient.
- Support schools to create high quality learner pathways and curricula and we will create sustainable improvement to enable our schools to be high performing.
- Continue to deliver our Sustainable Communities for Learning programme, investing in Portfield School, Ysgol Bro Penfro, Milford Haven Primary and Milford Haven Secondary Schools.
- Deliver whole school approaches to mental health and wellbeing for your learners.
- Continue to invest in our workforce to achieve excellence.
- Deliver our Welsh in Education Strategic Plan.
- Invest further in digital technologies through our Hwb Edtech programme.
- Create excellent partnerships with businesses to develop the skills and economy of the future.
- Develop child friendly approaches and deliver our obligations under the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) in full.
- Deliver our early years pathfinder project and improve services for our families and their youngest children.
- Expand our Flying Start offer to Fishguard and Goodwick, and deliver Springboard family learning provision at target primary schools with higher rates of child poverty.
- Deliver our commitment to safeguarding learners in conjunction with our colleagues in social care.
- Enhance and develop our school clusters to provide long term sustainable development for all our learners.
- Deliver community youth work and school holiday programmes across the County.
ID: 9737, revised 09/03/2023Print