Cabinet programme for administration 2022 2027
We will support Pembrokeshire’s communities, maintaining positive relationships with them to help to build active, resourceful, connected, sustainable, and creative communities.
We will focus on the following key principles:
- Community decision-making: Involving communities and citizens more meaningfully in local decision-making.
- Collaboration with communities: Shifting the traditional public services top-down ways of working, to more collaborative approaches which involve both our partner agencies and communities as essential partners.
- Building community capacity, capability and confidence: Helping to equipping communities with the resources and skills they need to genuinely participate in local action.
- Help communities do more for themselves.
- Improve individual health and wellbeing, addressing poverty and inequality.
- Enhance democratic participation, increase diversity and boost trust.
- Embed prevention and early intervention in public services.
- Shift from ‘managing need’ to ‘creating capability’.
- Connect the good intentions and resources of PCC with local know-how and community activism.
- Work in a spirit of collaboration with our partner agencies.
- Build a better understanding of our communities using data and local insights.
- Step up our engagement with Town and Community Councils.
- Reduce bureaucracy and increase flexibility, especially with regards to the Enhancing Pembrokeshire Grant and Community Asset Transfer.
- Provide leadership to improve the effectiveness and impact of the Public Services Board.
- Promote a volunteering culture within PCC so that we lead by example.
- Seek assurance that the investments we make are the right ones, while recognising that the impact will be long-term.
ID: 9744, revised 16/04/2023Print