Cabinet programme for administration 2022 2027
Place and the Region
We will amplify Pembrokeshire’s comparative advantage in energy to catalyse a green energy investment revolution while also supporting and developing the other foundational tenants of the local economy, agriculture and tourism.
We will ensure Pembrokeshire remains a fantastic place to visit, live and work with vibrant urban centres, country leading digital connectivity and a world class leisure offer.
- Ensure Pembrokeshire is positioned to become the green energy capital of the UK, securing the next generation of green industrial jobs for the Haven waterway. This means:
- Supporting our existing industry while also creating the right conditions for investment in the renewable energy generation of the future
- Ensuring Pembrokeshire leads the UK in the delivery of floating off-shore wind in the Celtic Sea and in the production of green and blue hydrogen
- Supporting a Freeport application for the Haven (and associated sites) as part of a wider strategy to further improve the competitive advantage of the Haven waterway as a key UK energy centre.
- Continue to re-invent and invest in Pembrokeshire's town centres making them lively, vibrant and thriving places which people enjoy.
- Maximise inward investment opportunities and develop our strategic employment sites across the County to support key sectors (energy, food and agriculture, tourism and hospitality), in particular though furthering the development of Pembrokeshire Food Park to support the growing needs of the food industry.
- Support people to improve their resilience and life chances through gaining the critical vocational skills and qualifications which enable them to progress into work and further learning.
- Work to ensure that our tourism offer is sustainable and benefits local communities and businesses.