Restrictions Business Fund Discretionary Grant
The Welsh Government has launched the Restrictions Business Fund to support businesses and sole traders that have been directly impacted by the additional restrictions put in place to control the spread of Covid-19 starting on Friday 4th December. The purpose of the grant is to provide businesses with cash flow support and to help them survive the economic consequences of the restrictions introduced. The grant seeks to complement other Covid-19 response measures to support businesses, social enterprises and charitable organisations in Wales.
A discretionary grant of £2,000 is available to assist businesses that have:
- Been forced or required to close as a result of the national restrictions put in place for hospitality businesses
OR are able to demonstrate that the latest restrictions put in place will result in at least a 40% reduction in their estimated turnover for December 2020 as compared to December 2019 (or September 2020 turnover if not trading in December 2019)
You are not eligible for this grant if:
- You are eligible for (are registered for Non Domestic Rates), or have received, the Restrictions Business Fund NDR Grant from your Local Authority
- You are eligible for, or have received, the ERF Sector Specific Grant
- If the business generates less than 50% of your income. The business must be your main source of income.
In relation to self-catering accommodation, properties will not be eligible for the grant unless the following criteria are met:
- Not registered for Non Domestic Rates
- The self-catering accommodation can produce two years of trading accounts directly preceding the current financial year of the business
- The self-catering accommodation must actually have been let for a period of 140 days or more in the financial year 2019-20
- The self-catering accommodation business must be the primary source of income for the owner (minimum threshold is 50%).
- For self-catering properties, local authorities have full discretion to request and examine trading business accounts, booking lists and self-assessment tax returns submitted to HMRC for the financial year ending 31 March 2019 if additional evidence is required to demonstrate that this criteria is met.
For further information on this grant please read the Restrictions Business Fund Guidance Document.
Apply Now »