Business Advice and Support
Advice and support for your business
Pembrokeshire is home to many small and medium sized enterprises. As a county we have a diverse range of businesses ranging from our traditional sectors of tourism and agriculture to energy and engineering businesses plus creative, media and manufacturing businesses.
The Council's business support team works to provide a high standard of advice and support to businesses, individuals and other organisations.
It aims to foster a successful enterprising and entrepreneurial culture within the Pembrokeshire economy.
Targeted support is provided for specific business sectors to assist the development of viable projects and the creation of employment.
Email BusinessSupport@pembrokeshire.gov.uk for more information.
Business Drop-in Events
Pembrokeshire County Council in conjunction with the Haven Waterway Enterprise Zone Board's Business Interaction Group, Business Wales and a range of business support professionals are pleased to announce the return of the monthly business drop in events on at the Bridge Innovation Centre, Pembroke Dock between 9am -12pm on the following dates to answer all your questions and queries:
No appointment needed, just drop in!
Invited organisations include:
- Business Wales
- Welsh Government Innovation Team
- Pembrokeshire County Council
- Business in Focus
- Landsker Business Solutions
- Pembrokeshire Lottery
- Superfast Wales
- Development Bank of Wales
- Job Centre Wales
- Visit Pembrokeshire
Attending organisations vary from month to month. If you are looking to meet with a specific support organisation please email in advance and to confirm their attendance: BusinessSupport@Pembrokeshire.gov.uk
Start Up advice
HMRC Starting your own business - e-learning package (advice on tax and National Insurance Issues)
The Food Development Team provides support for the agri-food sector and can provide advice on marketing opportunities and the supply chain for retail, direct sale and hospitality businesses.
Working with industry partners, the team is a resource for both the public and the trade on local food and drink. Activities include:
- Organising Pembrokeshire Fish Week
- Organising business to business and consumer events
- Organising the annual Grow It, Cook It, Eat It event with local schools
- Supporting local food festivals
- Producing a biennial food and drink trade directory
- Producing an annual tourism food guide (online and hard copy)
- Managing the Pembrokeshire Produce Mark identity scheme
- Managing the Haverfordwest Farmers' Market