Alternative ways to register

If you are unable to attend the Register Office in the district where the birth occurred you can go to any Register Office in England and Wales and make a declaration of the particulars required. However, if you opt for a declaration, the details you provide will be sent to the district in which your baby was born and the birth certificates will be posted to your home address.

ID: 2547, revised 09/09/2022