Apprenticeships and Training
We are delighted to be able to offer the following Work Experience placements across the Authority.
- Day Centre/SAC
- Leisure Centre
- Building Maintenance
As a major employer in Pembrokeshire, we want to provide meaningful work experience by providing opportunities for individuals to gain an understanding of the requirements of the area in which they are placed.
As work experience requires close supervision, this responsibility must be balanced with our operational requirements.
We know that there are many different work experience opportunities including but not limited to:
- Mandatory and non-mandatory School based work experience requests
- Mandatory and non-mandatory College/University work experience requests
- Job seekers work experience requests
- Government/ rehabilitation programme based work experience requests
Work experience requests come in many forms, and departments will do their best to provide appropriate placements for each individual where possible.
If you want to apply for a work experience placement you can contact us directly to register your interest at: Recruit@pembrokeshire.gov.uk
You must outline the type of placement you are interested in and the duration of the placement you would like. All requests will then be sent to the appropriate manager concerned to consider whether providing work experience would be appropriate.
Futureworks' mission statement is:
"To provide high quality training and support service to enhance the skill base of individuals and add value to the businesses in Pembrokeshire."
Our core values are:
- We have a positive, ‘can-do' attitude
- We take pride in exceeding expectations
- We help raise and realise aspirations
- We have fun in providing a friendly, professional service
- We show deep respect for all individual customers
- We provide a safe and secure environment for our customers
Futureworks is part of Pembrokeshire County Council's Regeneration Service. We have over 20 years experience of supporting businesses, helping people back into work and skilling people for the workplace.
If you are looking for new people, we can offer a free recruitment service. We'll get to know you and your business so we can tailor our services to suit you.
We've worked with companies across West Wales and beyond to find quality people who are motivated and ready for work. When you recruit with us you'll get a professional, efficient service that won't cost you a penny!
- a highly motivated team of employment consultants looking for the best people to fill your vacancies
- a dedicated Employer Consultant as a single point of contact
- free meeting room space to conduct interviews
- the ability to work trial candidates "in role" for up to 2 weeks at no cost
- advertise your vacancy within our system on the same day you give it to us
- work with you to match suitable candidates to your personal specification so that you only see people right for the job
- provide regular updates about how your vacancy is progressing
- prepare our candidates so that they understand your business.
In some instances we can also:
- offer free training to "up skill" candidates to fit the remit of your vacancy
- off apprenticeship programmes and provide advice on the funding available for businesses
What employers say
"We are very pleased to advise that we have found your assistance in finding reliable staff a definite advantage in the present employment environment. To have the luxury of a month's acquainting the man with the job (and the job with the man), is a tremendous benefit to us all. Rest assured, when we need more personnel, we will be in touch with you again.
Warmest regards Geoff"
Capt. Geoff White, Hutton & Co (Ships Chandlers) Ltd
For more information contact our Employer Engagement Team:
Futureworks, Market Building, Melville Street, Pembroke Dock, SA72 6XS. Tel: 01437 776437
Futureworks, Unit 17, Cedar Court, Milford Haven, SA73 3LS.
Futureworks, 19 Old Bridge Street, Haverfordwest, SA61 2AL.
Futureworks, 3&4 St Mary Street, Cardigan, SA43 1HA
Pembrokeshire County Council has a dedicated team of specialist business units within its Regeneration department collectively named Futureworks. For over 30 years Futureworks has successfully delivered employment and skills programmes to support unemployed and economically inactive people to gain skills and move into employment.
In recent years Futureworks has successfully delivered the following programmes:
Flexible New Deal on behalf of Working Links - services for long-term unemployed (over 12 months), focusing on improving customer's employability in order to enter the world of work. Services included in-work support once a customer had entered work.
Future Jobs Fund on behalf of Department of Works and Pensions - 160 places for young people (18-24 years) who had been unemployed 6 months or longer. Young people had the opportunity to develop work related skills and qualifications and to be employed for up to 6 months whilst receiving a salary at national minimum wage.
Community Task Force on behalf of Groundwork UK - services for young people (18-24 years) who have been unemployed 9 months or longer. Young people developed work related skills through community projects either in the third sector or in-house. Futureworks manages two supervisor-led projects with Sustrans Cycle Paths and Scolton Manor Country Park.
Workbased Learning * on behalf of Welsh Government/DfES - services for unemployed youth and adults through the Youth and Adult Skillbuild programmes and Young Person's Guarantee, and Apprenticeships. Learning routeways include: Engineering, Construction, Business Administration and Active Leisure (Sport and Recreation), Essential Skills and ICT and Employability qualifications. Futureworks also delivers Apprenticeships and NVQ Level 2 and 3.
PECS Project * on behalf of Welsh Government/DfES - a bespoke practical engineering construction skills project piloted as part of the Skillbuild Review. For adult learners who wanted to improve their practical skills and receive an introduction to recruiting employers in the energy sector.
Futureworks also delivers personal and skills development programmes and training services to the ESF Engage Project.
In earlier years Futureworks successfully delivered the following employment and skills programmes:
- New Deal for Young People and New Deal 25 Plus
- Programme Centre
- Sector Specific Pre-employment training - tourism, retail, call centre
- New Deal for Disabled People
- Return to Earn
From 1993, prior to local government reorganisation in 1996, Jobcentre Plus contracts were held by Dyfed County Council, Futureworks delivering the Pembrokeshire elements such as Job Clubs in Pembroke, Jobsearch and Jobsearch Plus, Restart and Workwise courses.
* These programmes were part funded by ESF
Futureworks expert employment and skills training support
Over 30 years’ experience of helping people to find jobs and move forwards in their lives
Futureworks has helped more than 3000 people in Pembrokeshire to change their lives for the better by starting lasting employment.
We know there are many things that mean the jobs market can be difficult for some people.
- You may not have been employed for a while and need help with confidence or skills to look for work again.
- You may have a health condition or disability.
- You may have been out of work caring for a child or relative.
- You may want to gain skills or qualifications to help move towards work.
Whatever your circumstances, we can help you find a way to make employment work for you.
A Personal Plan of Action
Have you been looking for a job? Our services give people the support they need to start working.
Together, we’ll create a personal plan of action that suits your individual needs and work ambitions.
- One-to-one expert mentor guidance
- CV help and interview preparation
- Financial support with travel and work clothes
- High quality skills training
- Preparation for work through work placements and work trials
- Access to exclusive job vacancies
- Health and wellbeing support
- Signposting to specialist organisations for ongoing support
For more information contact:
Futureworks on 01437 776437
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jobs Growth Wales +
Jobs Growth Wales+ is a training and development programme for 16-19 year olds that supports in gaining the skills, qualifications and experience needed to get a job or further training.
Jobs Growth Wales+ is a Welsh Government programme included in the Young Persons Guarantee. It is part-funded by the European Social Fund.
Jobs Growth Wales + is based on the needs of each individual learner and aims to support each individual learner by providing an allowance and help with travel costs. Learners receive an allowance of £75* a week for full attendance at one of our 4 centres (Pembroke Dock, Milford Haven, Haverfordwest and Cardigan).
*this includes a meal allowance of £3.90 per day
How Jobs Growth Wales+ can support you?
There are three strands of support involved with Jobs Growth Wales+ and which one you engage with depends on where you are in your journey:
- Engagement Strand: This support is suitable for individuals who are unsure what career path they want to follow. The support offered can provide a taster of jobs you might be interested in and also get you ready for moving into employment
- Advancement Strand: This support is suitable for individual who have a particular job or career in mind. The support offered can provide training and skills in your chosen subject to help progress to a higher level. You can also gain work experience with employers.
- Employment Strand: This support is suitable for individuals who are ready to start work and know what they want to do. The support offered can provide job opportunities with local employers. Employers receive a wage subsidy from the Welsh Government to go towards paying your salary for the first 6 months you work there.
For more information about Futureworks' Jobs Growth Wales+ contact us on:
Locations and Contacts
Futureworks has customer service centres in accessible town centre locations in Pembroke Dock, Milford Haven, Haverfordwest and Cardigan. For the delivery of our skills programmes we have learning facilities in all of these locations and our engineering centre in Pembroke Dock.
Telephone: 01437 776437
Telephone: 01437 776437
19 Old Bridge
Telephone: 01437 776437
The Skills Centre
Telephone: 01437 775663
3&4 St Mary Street