This licence is required whether the cats or dogs are accommodated in a traditional kennel environment or the increasingly popular home boarding situation. Where pets live as family members in the boarders home.
The Council must have regard when considering an application.
- that animals will at all times be kept in accommodation suitable as respects construction, size of quarters, number of occupants, exercising facilities, temperature, lighting, ventilation and cleanliness;
- that animals will be adequately supplied with suitable food, drink and bedding material, adequately exercised, and (so far as necessary) visited at suitable intervals;
- that all reasonable precautions will be taken to prevent and control the spread among animals of infectious or contagious diseases, including the provision of adequate isolation facilities;
- that appropriate steps will be taken for the protection of the animals in case of fire or other emergency;
- that a register be kept containing a description of any animals received into the establishment, date of arrival and departure, and the name and address of the owner, such
For more information please click on the links below:
If you have any welfare concerns for animals within a boarding establishment or believe a person is trading without a licence please contact us directly