COVID-19: Any specific information relating to Pembrokeshire will be updated at

Coronavirus Advice and Guidance

Accommodation Advice

The Health Protection (Coronavirus Restrictions) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2020 - Sections 4 and 5 allows for certain premises to be permitted. There are a number of exceptions under the Regulations, which will be considered in line with any requests.

Accommodation Permits

As a business, if you are housing or want to house key workers &/or vulnerable individuals, you must operate within the correct permission and comply with the regulations.  You need to contact Pembrokeshire County Council via email at or by phone on 01437 764551 to discuss the permitting of your premise. There is no charge for this service and premises operating without a permit may invalidate their business insurance.

The business can only accommodate those workers/vulnerable persons that are approved by the local authority. Any permitted re-opening under this provision will be specific, and limited, to the particular purposes set out in the request. Businesses must comply with social distancing and infection control and prevention measures.

Businesses must ensure they obtain information to check legitimacy of key workers and record the evidence for possible examination.

Please note it is an offence for owners not to comply with their duties. The offence can be penalised by a fine.

There is specific guidance for operators of accommodation businesses in Wales and this can be found at:

Business Wales

Welsh Government

Public Health Wales

Offer from Businesses to provide accommodation

If you currently own or manage holiday accommodation businesses in Pembrokeshire and would like to make this accommodation available for housing key workers, vulnerable and/or homeless groups, please email us at with your details or phone 01437 764551 so that we can contact you to discuss how we could work together.

We are currently looking for accommodation in the Haverfordwest & Milford Haven Area. Please contact us if you have a furnished property that may be suitable.

Requests of accommodation from Key Workers

Key workers, or the employers, requiring accommodation to support their working arrangements in Pembrokeshire can contact us to discuss their requirements. Key workers can only be accommodated on their own. Family or members of their household must remain in their primary residence.

If you stay in an accommodation then it must be permitted under the regulations.


Our communities continue to be monitored in partnership with Dyfed Powys Police and officers of our Public Protection team for compliance. If you have information that causes you concern in your community relating to the use of holiday accommodation and buildings please contact us on 01437 764551 or email

The regulations are clear that residents should stay at their primary residence and that travel to holiday accommodation or second homes is not essential travel.




ID: 6387, revised 05/05/2020