School catchment areas are used:
- to give parents an indication of their local school.
- to help schools identify with the communities they serve
- to prioritise admissions to schools when there are more applications than places available. Residence within catchment area is the highest priority in admission criteria in Pembrokeshire, ensuring that schools are available to serve local children first
- as a planning tool to enable the Authority to fulfil its duty to forecast demand for education in an area and to plan to meet that demand
- as an element of transport policy in order to facilitate the organisation of school transport and control costs
To find out which catchment area you live in please click the link below
Find My Nearest School
and enter your postcode in the search box.
For further information please contact: