All you will need is a washing machine and a reasonable supply of real nappies.
Caring for your real nappies while reducing their environmental impact.
- Real nappies can be washed at in 60º c in the washing machine using non-biological washing powder. There is no need to pre-soak or boil wash!
- Do not use fabric softeners in the rinse program as they make nappies less absorbent.
- Nappies can be stored for two or three days in a lidded bucket until there is a sufficient amount for a full load
- Line drying is the best option as it is free and the sun will naturally sanitise your nappies. Tumble drying or drying your nappies on a direct heat source will shorten the life span of the nappies, and waterproof wraps could deteriorate.
- Using an ‘A' rated appliance will reduce your energy and water consumption.
Remember: It is advisable to wash your nappies a couple of times prior to use, as this will remove any outer coating that may have been used during the manufacture of the material. It will also help with absorbency!