Futureworks - Incentives for Employers (From August 1st 2014)
Young Recruits Programme (linked to Apprenticeships)
This programme provides financial support to employers, offering a range of apprenticeships including apprenticeships for individuals progressing from the Jobs Growth Wales programme to apprenticeship programmes with the same employer.
All employers must be able to:
- offer (a) full time additional apprenticeship place(s), ie. a minimum of 25 hours including time with the provider
- pay the appropriate minimum wage for apprentices (or any other National Minimum Wage regulation that may apply)
- evidence payment to their learner with certified copies of wage slips or bank statements (without this evidence, we are unable to offer the support).
All learners must:
- be between the ages of 16 and 24 at time of application
- be living and/or working in Wales
- have been employed by the applicant for no longer than 10 weeks at the time of the application
- be enrolled upon a level 2 or level 3 apprenticeship framework with a Welsh Government-contracted work based learning provider
- either be progressing from the Jobs Growth Wales programme to an apprenticeship programme with the same employer.
For apprentices progressing from Jobs Growth Wales support is offered at £50 per week for a maximum of 26 weeks.
For more information on the Young Recruits Programme (new window) and eligibility requirements contact Futureworks.