Please help us improve our website...

Carers Assessment

As a carer, you have a right to have your needs considered.

What is a carer's assessment?

  •  A carer's assessment is for adult carers of adults (over 18 years) who are disabled, ill or elderly or parent carers of a disabled child (under 18 years).
  •  It is an opportunity to discuss what support or services you may need.
  •  The assessment is a discussion about how caring affects your life and wellbeing, including your physical, psychological, emotional needs, and whether you are able or willing to carry on caring.

Who can have a carer's assessment?

  •  Any carer who appears to have needs can have a carer's assessment.
  •  As a carer you will be entitled to an assessment regardless of the amount or type of care you provide, your financial means or the level of support that you need.
  •  If you and the person you care for agree, a combined assessment of both your needs can be undertaken at the same time.

How do I get carers assessment?

  •  You can contact Pembrokeshire Carers Information & Support Service by calling 01437 611002. Or emailing . They will be able to offer you an initial /simple carer's assessment on behalf of the council and can also offer you information and advice about services that can support you and the person you care for.
ID: 16176 Revised: 22/2/2017