Please help us improve our website...

Adult Community Mental Health Team (CMHT)

Who are we?

We provide services for people who are of adult working age and who experience mental health problems. The team has members from both Pembrokeshire County Council and the Pembrokeshire and Derwen NHS Trust.


A referral usually comes from your general practitioner (GP), health visitor, practice nurse or another health / social care professional. However, if you contact us directly, we will get in touch with your GP before we arrange to see you.

In emergencies your GP can contact the crisis resolution team who can contact you by telephone to discuss your problems

What happens next?

When you come to see us we will undertake an assessment of your needs and work with you to agree a care plan. We will work with you, to help you with your needs, for an agreed period of time. This may be on a one to one or group basis. We will also keep you and your GP informed of the outcome of your assessment.

There are two Community Mental Health Team bases:

  • Haven Way in Pembroke Dock for the south of the county
  • Bro Cerwyn in Haverfordwest for the north of the county.

St. Caradog Unit

St Caradog provides short-term inpatient care.

Liaison Services:

A mental health liaison nurse works in Withybush Hospital to assess and support people experiencing mental health problems.

A court diversion nurse provides a service for people with mental health problems, who become involved with the Police and Courts in Pembrokeshire.

A directory of all services is available Hywel Dda Health Board (opens new window)

Community Mental Health Team (CMHT):

North – 01437 773157
South – 01437 774042

St. Caradog Unit / Crisis Resolution Service (CRS):
St. Caradog
Canolfan Bro Cerwyn Centre
Fishguard Road
SA61 2PZ

Tel: 01437 772854


ID: 14231 Revised: 8/7/2015