Please help us improve our website...

Child Care Assessment Team


We recognise bringing up children is an important and sometimes difficult task. From time to time everyone needs help and advice. You can receive this help and advice from health visitors, teachers, family members and friends or you can contact the child care assessment team. We are also here to help and support you with any concerns you may have about the welfare of a child

How do we help?

The child care assessment team may be able to help by providing you with information and advice, and if necessary support you in caring for your children.

The team works in partnership with parents, young people and carers to assess their individual needs. To provide the support that you may need, the team also works with other statutory, voluntary and independent agencies.

What is an assessment?

Before we can help you, we need to know more about you and your family. This will involve collecting information, talking this through with you and agreeing what might be done.

Any information you give us will be held in confidence within the social care department. If there is a need to discuss this information with anyone else, we will normally ask for your permission. The only exception to this is if there are serious concerns about the welfare of your child.

We know that almost all parents want to do their best for their children, and completing the assessment will help the social workers recognise the strengths you and your family have, as well as your difficulties.

What to do if you're concerned about a child?

If you have immediate concerns about a child you should contact the Police on 999 or call the NSPCC Child Protection Helpline on 0808 800 5000.

If you have any concerns or you are worried about a child's welfare you should report these concerns to the child care assessment team who will provide you with advice and guidance.

How can you contact us?

You can make a referral or contact us for advice, by telephone, in person, by letter or by fax.

You can contact us in the office on Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm on:

Telephone (01437) 776444

Fax (01437) 776337

Or alternatively you can call the Pembrokeshire County Council contact centre on:

(01437) 764551

During out of office hours you can call the emergency duty team on:

Telephone: (08708) 509508

How can you contact us if you're a child?

You can call us yourself on any of the above numbers or tell an adult you trust to contact us for you and we will try our best to help you.

If you need to talk or need some advice you can also call Childline on: 0800 1111 (these calls are free and confidential)


Assessment Information for Families (download 107k)

Dyfed Powys Inter Agency Referral Form 

Suicide prevention referral pathway tool 

For further information please contact:

Child Care Assessment Team
Pembrokeshire County Council
County Hall
SA61 1TP

Tel: 01437 776444  or 01437 764551

Fax: 01437 776337


Contact Numbers and Links for support services:

ID: 14139 Revised: 27/7/2016