Please help us improve our website...

Advice and help applying for benefits

Age Concern Pembrokeshire, Age UK and the local Citizens Advice Bureaux have staff who can give expert advice and help if you are applying for benefits. 

You can get full details of what is available, who is eligible and how to claim from your local benefits office - contact details are in your local Phone Book, you can also get leaflets and claim forms by phoning the Benefit Enquiry Line (BEL) or by visiting

Benefits Enquiry Line (BEL)

Tel: 0800 88 22 00

Textphone: 0800 24 33 55


A confidential phone service for people with disabilities, their representatives and their carers.  Staff give general, rather than personal advice.

Age UK

The Age UK Information Line provides information and advice to older people and their families on a wide range of issues.

Tel 0800 169 6565

Age Cymru

Age Concern Pembrokeshire Help and advice on a range of topics, including benefits. Local solicitors Eaton Evans & Morris provide free legal advice surgeries at the Age Concern Resource Centre on the first Thursday of each month. Having received advice, you are under no obligation to instruct the solicitors. Appointments only, please ring on 01437 769207.

Free Tax Advice is also available at the Age Concern Resource Centre, Haverfordwest, by appointment only. Please phone 0845 601 3321 to make an appointment Monday - Thursday 9am - 4pm Age Concern Pembrokeshire

Citizens Advice Bureau

24hour pre-recorded information is available on 0845 120 2939 Citizens Advice Bureau (opens new window)

Online help

Benefits adviser

The benefits adviser is an online questionnaire to help you find out which benefits and tax credits you and your family are entitled to, and if you are entitled to State Pension.  (type ‘Benefits adviser' into the search box).

‘entitled to' calculator

This is a free web-based calculator to help people work out their entitlement to benefits and tax credits wwwturn2usorguk

Changes to benefits

Some benefits are affected if you go abroad, move into residential or nursing home or if you go into hospital.  For example, attendance Allowance and Disability Allowance (care and mobility component) stop completely after 28 days in hospital.

If your circumstances change, or you want more information about how benefits are affected, contact your local Jobcentre Plus office or Benefits office.


ID: 20285 Revised: 31/5/2016