Please help us improve our website...

Housing options


Help from Pembrokeshire County Council housing department

The housing department can offer information and advice:

  • You are homeless and/or want to apply for social housing
  • If you have an assessed care need housing officers will offer advice on a range of housing options
  • On Disabled Facilities Grant to help owners/occupiers or tenants to alter their home to make it easier to live in
  • On insulating, improving or maintaining your home

Social housing

Affordable rented housing is provided by both the Council and housing associations.  To be eligible you must apply to join the Council's Housing Register. Forms are available from the Council and housing associations.

Pembrokeshire County Council 01437 764551 email

Pembrokeshire Housing, Meyler House, St Thomas' Green, Haverfordwest, SA61 1QP Tel 01437 763688 email

Cymdeithas Tai Cantref, Llys Cantref, Church Lane, Newcastle Emlyn, SA38 9AB Tel 01239 712000 email

Alternative housing options

If you are finding it hard to manage in your current housing or flat you may want to consider altering it to suit your needs or move to accommodation that is designed to meet your needs.

Sheltered housing

Sheltered Housing is mainly for older people and usually takes the form of a group of small bungalows or flats with a warden who can give some help and support in an emergency.

Extra care

Extra care offers an alternative to residential care, providing a range of quality services which ensure that you can continue to live independently for as long as possible. 

For all housing enquiries please contact Pembrokeshire County Council on 01437 764551

Adult Placement

Adult placement is an alternative highly flexible form of accommodation and support. It provides an opportunity to live or stay in an ordinary domestic setting as part of an Adult Placement Carer's family Tel 01267 224200

Moving into a residential home

If you think it's time to think about moving into residential care then the free Welsh Assembly Government Thinking about a care home a guide to what you need to know' publication gives information about what you need to consider.

If you are assessed as needing residential care you may be eligible for help with the costs.

Supporting People

Supporting People funds, monitors and develops housing related support services for vulnerable people aged 16+. Housing related support, delivered by specialist service providers, helps people to live independently, to settle into a new home, or to continue living in their own home. Support People services can reduce and prevent homelessness, hospitalisation, loneliness and isolation, and institutional care.

What services do Supporting People fund?

  • Supported housing
  • Sheltered housing
  • Community alarms service
  • Homeless hostel
  • Women's refuge
  • Tenancy support in your home and in group homes

What support can be offered?

  • Emotional support and advice
  • Information about other agencies that can help, including those providing education, work, volunteering and training
  • Access to community alarms services or warden / scheme managed accommodation
  • Help to settle into and maintain your home and to manage a tenancy
  • Help to manage finances, pay bills and get the most out of the money people earn
  • Support to develop living skills
  • Support to meet people and to join social activities
  • Support to move to safer / more appropriate accommodation
  • Help to increase your personal safety and security

How to apply

You will need to contact the service provider that you feel woudl best meet your needs. If you meet the admissions criteria, receive Housing Benefit or Council Tax Benefit , and if there is space then you will be accepted onto the scheme. The Supporting People Directory of Services can help you to contact the service you need. The Directory can be requested from the Supporting People team.

If you require any additional information please contact the team on Tel 01437 776105, email

Supporting People  

ID: 20241 Revised: 23/5/2016