Please help us improve our website...

Alterations to your home

If you are finding it hard to manage in your current house or flat, you may want to consider altering it to suit your needs.

Phone Pembrokeshire County Council on  01437 764551, this is the first step  to having your needs properly assessed.

Alterations can range from installing grab rails and ramps to building a walk-in shower, adapting the height of kitchen units and widening doorways so that a wheelchair can go through easily.

Pembrokeshire County Council can provide Disabled Facilities Grant to pay, or help pay, for alterations. Grants are means-tested and people also have to meet the medical criteria which apply.  These include an occupational therapy assessment to support the request for a grant. You can get information and advice about these grants from the Council.  Staff at Pembrokeshire (opens new window) can help you with your application.  If you do not qualify for a grant staff at Pembrokeshire Care & Repair can suggest other means of funding the work.

ID: 20240 Revised: 23/5/2016