Please help us improve our website...

Your everyday life

Pet care

Adult Services assessments

If you are no longer able to carry out basic tasks such as getting yourself washed and dressed or getting to the toilet, Adult Services can complete an assessment.  If you are assessed as needing help, they will identify what would benefit you and will arrange services for you. 

Help leaving hospital

Health and social service colleagues work together to make sure your return from a stay in hospital is safe and comfortable. A plan for your discharge from hospital will be drawn up to make sure that you get the most appropriate support when you return home. This means that leaving hospital should not be delayed unnecessarily - Hospital Care

Community Nursing Services

Personal care

Organisations offering personal care can provide help with getting up, going to bed, dressing, undressing, washing, bathing, personal hygiene, eating, drinking, using the toilet, managing incontinence and tooth and denture care.  They may be able to help with health related tasks such as dealing with pressure sores.

All organisations offering personal and/or nursing care have to be registered with the Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW) 

Tel: 01437 752200, (opens new window)


There are various ways that help with meals can be provided. Some organisations bring a hot midday meal to your door, while others can deliver frozen or long-life meals that are easy to heat up.  Some restaurants and takeaways operate a home delivery service.  Many supermarkets offer a delivery service for foods brought online.

Meals on Wheels

The Meals on Wheels service delivers hot meals to people who are unable to cook for themselves because they are frail or disabled and there is no one else who can support them.  The service can only be provided after an assessment by a care manager, which is subject to eligibility criteria.  Tel: Pembrokeshire County Council 01437 764551.

Luncheon Clubs

Luncheon Clubs in Pembrokeshire are organised by local communities or voluntary organisations. Many clubs receive a subsidy from the County Council.  Any person of retirement age (60+ years) can attend a luncheon club and even if your spouse/partner is under 60 they can come with you.  Tel: Pembrokeshire County Council on 01437 764551 to find our local luncheon club.


If you need help with cleaning the house, the Yellow Pages list companies under ‘Cleaning Services - Domestic'. You need to ask for references before employing a cleaner.

Age Concern Pembrokeshire provides a Home Support Service for more details contact: 01437 769972 email:

Good Neighbour Groups

Good Neighbour Schemes are currently being established throughout Pembrokeshire.  The schemes are there to give a helping hand on the occasions when anyone in the community may need it. Support is given by community members and tasks can vary from changing a light bulb to reading a meter, giving lifts or picking up some shopping. For a list of the Good Neighbour Schemes and the contact numbers of the schemes, or further information, please contact Pembrokeshire County Council on 01437 764551.

Community Visitor Scheme

If you are over 60, are disabled and are a Council or housing assocation tenant in the Haverfordwest area or have completed an application for Council or housing association accommodation a community visitor can visit you at home to help you:

  • Get the support you need to live independently at home
  • If you have recently been discharged from hospital
  • If family or friends are at work or away on holiday
  • Get information, advice and advocacy support
  • With housing applications and for advice on housing
  • Fill in forms

Tel Pembrokeshire County Council on 01437 764551 and ask to be referred to the Community Visitor Scheme.

Caring for pets

If you have difficulty exercising your dog or contacting pet services, try your local 'Good Neighbour' group or local church to see if there is anyone there who can help.

If you can no longer look after your pet contact the Cinnamon Trust.  The Trust can find both long and short-term foster carers for pets who will keep their owners informed about their welfare.

The Cinnamon Trust

10 Market Square, Hayle, Cornwall, TR27 4HE, Tel: 01736 757900



ID: 20235 Revised: 23/5/2016