Pembrokeshire County Council are responsible for 73 public conveniences throughout the County.
Public Convenience Opening Hours
Working in partnership since the 1st August 2014, the physical operation of cleaning and maintaining the public conveniences in the county has been contracted to Danfo UK Ltd.
Since sub-contracting the service, Danfo have adopted a similar or improved process to what was originally in place, whereby;
- The majority of public conveniences are open 24 hours a day with the exception of the facilities which require overnight closure due to vandalism and low usage during the winter months. Details of the opening times are available at the bottom of the page or via the Contact Centre on 01437 764551.
- All public conveniences are cleaned according to a pre-planned schedule taking into account the time of year, usage and the location of each facility.
- Danfo will endeavor to ensure all areas of public conveniences, including walls, floors, ceilings, doors and windows will be kept to an acceptable standard of cleanliness during opening hours.
- Stocks of consumables (such as toilet paper, soap and paper towels) will be maintained at levels adequate to serve the public's need in each location;
- 52 of our public conveniences have disabled facilities and may be accessed using the RADAR key system. RADAR keys are available for purchase from the following County Council cash desks and may be used as a standard key to access disabled facilities throughout the UK:
- Town Hall, Fishguard;
- Town Hall, Milford Haven;
- Argyll Street, Pembroke Dock;
- Library Building, Neyland;
- County Hall, North Wing, Haverfordwest.
- Baby changing facilities are available at 12 public conveniences. For further details please ring the Contact Centre on 01437 764551.
- Danfo will respond to any complaints by inspecting the facilities concerned within 1 working day of receipt of request. If the complaint relates to a priority issue e.g. an electrical/plumbing fault or damage to the fabric of the building, then it will be dealt with by the Duty Officer within 24 hours;
- Vandalism will be treated as a priority issue. Where vandalism renders a facility dangerous to the public, it will be closed until the site has been made safe.
How you can help us
The condition of our Public Conveniences is important to the County, please report any vandalism, maintenance defects or unacceptable cleaning standards you see in our public conveniences. Each site has been given a unique reference number which is marked on a sign on the external wall of the property. Please quote this reference number upon making a request / complaint.
Whom should I contact?
Pembrokeshire County Council Contact Centre
Tel: 01437 764551
Danfo UK Ltd
Tel: 01253 593141